Spyware, Virus, Trojan, Worm, Rootkit Removal
ITJC can remove spyware, virus, trojan, worm and rootkit infection from your PC and recommend methods to prevent re-infection - contact ITJC.
Spyware, viruses, trojans, worms and rootkits (collectively known as malware) are unwanted, malicious programs which infect a PC and prevent the PC from operating in the normal way. Typical symptoms of malware include:
- PC may be slow to start up and unwanted programs pop-up on the screen
- Your normal anti-virus or security program no longer starts up
- New 'fake' anti-virus programs appear on the desktop and start running, listing many problems on the PC and offering to sell a program to fix the problems
- Programs which you used to run no longer start up
- You can no longer access the Internet
- When you open Windows Explorer or My Computer, no files or folders are listed on the computer - they usually have been hidden and not deleted
If you do become infected with malware, normal anti-virus programs can be rendered useless and another approach to malware removal is required.
ITJC has wide experience of removing malware and is usually able to restore the PC to the state before the malware infection.
Another scam is when you are contacted by telephone informing you that your Windows computer is running slow. At this point, they do not know if you even own a computer or that it runs Windows. - the best option is to hang up now. If you do continue, they will ask you to run the eventvwr program which will highlight errors on your PC. In truth, all Windows PCs will have errors and warnings in this log and can be ignored. To find out more about the Windows Eventvwr scam, look at the article at Windows Secrets or just do a Google search for "windows scam eventvwr".