Web site construction
John Clark can provide help in planning and setting up a suitable web site - contact John Clark.
Most companies and small businesses have to consider setting up and maintaining a web site. The business benefits of a web site include:
- Increased market opportunities
- Customer expectations
- Reduced marketing costs
- Perceived added value to business
Web sites fall into broad categories:
- Brochure web site
- Interactive web site with contact forms
- Database driven web site with dynamic information
- E-commerce web site with a shopping trolley and on-line payment
The following steps need to be considered in setting up a web site:
- Plan your web site
- What will be the main purpose of your web site?
- What features would you like to offer on your web site?
- Choose an Internet Service Provider (host your web site)
- Register a domain name (mybusiness.co.uk)
- Design a web page
- Create web pages
- E-Commerce (shopping trolley, payment on-line)
- Go live - Publish your web site
- Get registered with Search engines